ENERGY, RESOURCES & UTILITIES
Evolving regulatory norms, the need for planning and managing limited resources, and access to financing pose tough challenges for companies in the energy and utilities industry. The emphasis is shifting to service providers having more innovative capabilities, such as the use of digital technologies including automation, analytics, mobility, and cloud. RobonomicsAI, a leader in automation service, will enable your energy or utility company to gain a competitive advantage through process automation.
Utility companies are under continuous pressure to improve customer service and reduce operating costs. These pressures are magnified by strong advances in the underlying technology ecosystem. The majority of core processes are repetitive and prone to human error – requiring large operations teams to manage the exceptions produced. However, with the application of some simple business rules, these processes can be efficiently and cost-effectively completed using our digital workforce. Some of the processes which can be digitised & roboticized are
- Billing and collections
- Debt collection
- Tariff Reviews
- Exception management
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Customer acquisition to retention services
- Customer care – Social media support
- Consumption and Billing verification analytics
Robotics Process Automation will fast track transformation journey for the utility sector. RPA is a tool that company can leverage from “Enabler of Process” to “Agent of Change” in
- Cognitive Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
RPA effectively “supercharges” the technology company already have, quickly and more affordably by relieving the organization from manual “hands-on” work and streamlining processes. RPA brings following benefits to the organisation
- More efficient lower cost transactions
- Less training and faster ramp time
- Scale beyond headcount
- Improved customer experience
- Reduce security risk with limited human access to sensitive data
- Rapid results
- Round-the-clock availability
- Complete traceability
- Faster processing
- Greater accuracy and improved quality
- Higher levels of regulatory compliance
- Improved management information
- Better use of staff for higher value work
PROJECTS IN ENERGY, RESOURCES & UTILITIES
Integrating SCADA and GIS Systems using RPA
- Client Profile : Electricity distribution to 150,000 KM2 area, with 90,000 transformers, 95,000 km of wires and 500,000 poles
- Problem Statement : Electricity in some sections of the electricity grid need to bewitched off before any maintenance or repair could be performed. The client had to manually log into multiple systems to confirm it was OK to de-energise specific parts of the grid. Any human error exposed the organisation to huge fines and potential risk to life and property.
- Solution : Robotic Process Automation logged in to SCADA, GIS and custom developed systems to check for problems that might occur. These were presented to the Network Engineer for final decision.
- Benefit : 15 minutes of manual process completed in less than 2 minutes by robots. Successfully using RPA in core engineering systems, probably a world-first!
Linking up external portals with internal SAP systems using RPA
- Client Profile : Leading electricity distributor in the state of Victoria, Australia
- Problem Statement : External agencies publish work details which had to be manually picked up by the client and create an internal work order. No APIs existed.
- Solution : Robotic Process Automation picked up published job details as soon as it gets published and initiates workflows to create new work orders in the internal SAP system.
- Benefit : Streamlined work-flow, mundane task of monitoring websites and creating work orders gets automated, enhancing work content for humans.