With increasing life expectancy and reducing fertility, the western world is sitting on a time bomb. According to UN Report on World Population Ageing, the number of old people (> 60 years) is projected to grow by 56 per cent, from 901 million in 2015 to 1.4 billion by 2030. By 2050, it would more than double to 2.1 billion. According to Australian Human Rights Commission, by 2050, around one quarter of all Australians will be aged 65 years and over, down from 1 in 8 in 1970. We have fewer people to look after an ever-increasing number of the elderly, the disabled and the vulnerable. And less budget available per person too.
Artificial Intelligence can help. Each of the technologies like wearable medical trackers, smart home automation, intelligent assistants, robotic process automation, electronic marketplaces and cognitive computing is individually powerful enough to disrupt entire industries on its own. Our solution approach focuses the power of all these technologies to enhancing the life of each patient. It would bring ICU-inspired continuous monitoring and care for the elderly and the disabled into their daily life.
We use Robotic Process Automation to extract patient records that may be spread across disparate systems that do not talk to each other. The patient records are securely stored in a blockchain, to be made available to the providers at the point of care. Data on every aspect of the patient’s well-being from multiple sources like wearables and home automation is correlated with patient records and computer vision are continuously fed into Artificial Intelligence algorithms. The quality of care a healthcare provider would be able to deliver with this solution is unimaginable currently. Over time, this solution would allow us to predict the medical health of each patient, enabling effective telehealth and telecare.
This AI-First journey would start with a tool-based assessment of your processes and data. We would then use Process Mining and Robotic Process Automation kind of tools to re-imagineer processes enhancements around:
- claims management
- account setup
- member management
- benefit management
- customer service
- care coordination
- case management
- finance & accounting
SOLUTIONS IN HEALTHCARE
Aggregation of Data fetched from Disparate Systems
- Client Profile: 25,000 FTE healthcare organisation in Queensland
- Problem Statement: Patient medical records stored in systems that do not talk to each other
- Solution: RPA in the back-end fetching patient records and publishing through a ChatBot
- Benefit: Updated medical records delivered at the point of care cost effectively
Emergency Response using Group ChatBot Tele-Health
- Client Profile: A 100 year old healthcare organisation
- Problem Statement: Low skilled nurse having to treat a pregnant lady brought to emergency. IoT devices collecting heart beats of mother and foetus.
- Solution: IoT data from medical devices was published into a “group chat” solution by a ChatBot. Specialist doctors review IoT sensor data in real time and provide advice in group chat, which was administered by the lower-skilled nurse in emergency
- Benefit: Professionals were able to perform at higher levels of skill by getting real time advice from specialists from another location
ICU-Inspired Monitoring of the Elderly in their daily life. At scale
- Client Profile: IBM Watson Build Competition
- Problem Statement: Rising cost of healthcare, low availability of skilled resources have to support an ageing population.
- Solution: A combination of IoT devices installed around the house and a set of wearables measuring the vitals of the patient fed into a Machine Learning algorithms to determine the “normal” from an emergency. One of the machine learning algorithms identify one of 60 different forms of heart diseases. IBM Watson “reads” hundreds of medical journals related to the identified disease and prompts the healthcare professional with appropriate summarised information.
- Benefit: Low cost, 24 X 7 remote monitoring of patients at scale. Ease of use for healthcare professionals.
If you wish to provide differentiated patient care at significantly lower price points, please reach out to us at email@example.com